Yield:8 Prep Time:20 minutes Cook Time:40 minutes
- Sugar – 185g
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 4 tbsp, melted
- Plain flour – 1/4 cup
- Lemon – 1, zest grated and juice squeezed
- Milk – 1 1/2 cups
- Egg – 3, yolks and whites separated
- Icing sugar – for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Grease and line an oven proof dish (Batter fits a 20cm square pan but also large ovenproof bowls)
- In a large bowl combine sugar, salt and melted butter.
- Sift in the flour. Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir to combine well.
- Combine the milk and egg yolks in a separate small bowl then add to lemon mixture.
- In a separate large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the whites into the batter until well combined, then quickly fold in remaining whites until well combined again. Pour batter into the prepared dish.
- Bake in a water bath of warm water, in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Serve warm or cold with icing sugar dusted over.
error: Content is protected !!