yield: 6 SERVINGSprep time:15 MINtotal time:2 HOURS 15 MIN
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time:15 MIN
total time:2 HOURS 15 MIN
- 2 pomegranates
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 1 bottle (750ml) red wine (I used Pinot Noir)
- ¼ cup Triple Sec
- ¼ cup pomegranate liquor
- De-seed the pomegranates.
- In a small saucepan, mix together ½ cup (125ml) water with sugar and ½ cup of pomegranate seeds.
- Bring it to boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then remove from heat to cool completely.
- Then strain and discard the pomegranate seeds.
- Cut the pear and apples into thin slices.
- Place the fruit slices with remaining pomegranate seeds in a big pitcher.
- Pour the wine, triple sec, pomegranate liquor and cooled pomegranate simple syrup.
- Chill in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Serve over ice, if desired.